Developing an Evaluation Plan
Using 800-1,000 words, discuss methods to evaluate the effectiveness of your proposed solution and variables to be assessed when evaluating project outcomes.
Example: If you are proposing a new staffing matrix that is intended to reduce nurse turnover, improve nursing staff satisfaction, and positively impact overall delivery of care, you may decide the following methods and variables are necessary to evaluate the effectiveness of your proposed solution:
- Survey of staff attitudes and contributors to job satisfaction and dissatisfaction before and after initiating change.
- Obtain turnover rates before and after initiating change.
- Compare patient discharge surveys before change and after initiation of change.
- Staff attitudes and perceptions.
- Patient attitudes and perceptions.
- Rate of nursing staff turnover.
Develop the tools necessary to educate project participants and to evaluate project outcomes (surveys, questionnaires, teaching materials, PowerPoint slides, etc.)